Students can Download Class 3 English Chapter 3 Celebrations, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 3 English helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 3 English Chapter 3 Celebrations
2. Let’s Remember :
Celebrations bring joy and happiness. Celebrations unite people and unite families. Celebrations bring national integration among
3. Let’s Speak :
(Students are expected to read the Dialogues given at the page No. 25 and 26 of the Text and follow the instructions)
Lavina : We have a lot of things to do for Chirag’s birthday party. Look, I have made a list.
Radha : Good idea, who’s going to help us ?
Lavina : Bhuvan. He’s going to send the invitations.
Radha : Good. Who is going to decorate the house ?
Lavina : Mother and father will decorate the house.
Radha : Great! What are we going to buy for Chirg ?
Lavina : Let’s get him a bicycle.
Radha : That’s a nice gift. Come, let’s go to the market.
Did you learn any new words from this conversation ? Write them down.
4. Now let’s read and understand the lesson on Children’s Day Celebration’.
Children are the best gifts of God to parents. Children’s day in India is celebrated on November 14th every year. November 14th is the birthday of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. As a tribute to Jawaharlal Nehru and his love for children, his birthday is celebrated all over India as children’s day.
Children affectionately called Jawaharlal Nehur ‘Chacha Nehru’ or ‘Chachaji’ because he was fond of both children and roses. He said that .children are liked the buds in a garden.
They should be carefully nurtured. Children are the future of the nation and the citizens of tomorrow. He felt that children are the, real strength of a country. On children’s day schools have cultural programmes, games and these are managed by students themselves. Teachers perform various cultural activities for their beloved students.
New Words :
a. Answer the following questions :
1. Children’s day in India is celebrated on
o November 14
o November 20
2. Nehru was fond of both children and ___
3. Who are the real strength of a country ?
Children are the real strength of a country
4. Children affectinately called Jawahar Lal Nehru
b. Rearrange the letters and find the words hidden. Write their plural forms.
1. tfig = _____
gift = gifts
2. dlihc =
child = children
3. yad =
day = days
4. ubd =
bud = buds
5. esor =
rose = roses
6. amge =
game = games
c. Fill in the blanks with the suitable letters given in the box.
d. Re-write the jumbled words in the correct order to make meaningful sentences.
1. are / the buds / garden / in / a / like / children
Children are like buds in a garden.
2. are / the future / the nation / children / of
Children are the future of the nation.
3. Children’s day / celebrate / we / on / November 14
We celebrate children’s day on November 14.
4. fond / was / Nehru / children / of
Nehru was fond of children.
5. Do you Celebrate ?
Stand in a circle. Meet at least three friends and ask which festivals they celebrate.
e.g. Do you celebrate Children’s day ? If they say YES put a ✓ if they say NO put a ✗.
6. Some celebrations are mentioned below. Write the month and on which date they are celebrated.
Say a sentence each about these celebrations.
1. Teacher’s Day is celebrated on 5th September.
2. Ambedkar Jayanthi is celebrated on 14th April.
3. Children’s Day is celebrated on 14th November.
4. Gandhi Jayanthi is celebrated on 2nd October.
8. All the students have planned to celebrate children’s day. Payal, the class leader, has written this letter of invitation. Fill in the blanks with your choice of food, games and fun activities.
9. Listen to your teacher and complete the sentences.
1. I am ___ sweets.
2. Nehru was ___ on November 14.
3. We __ Deepavali in November.
4. My parents give ___ on my birthday.
5. Children are the ___ of our nation.
12. Look at the picture. Read the sentences below the picture. Colour the box Green if the sentence is TRUE or Red if it is FALSE.