Students can Download Class 3 English Chapter 5 Let’s Count, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 3 English helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 3 English Chapter 5 Let’s Count
3. Look at the price labels on the articles and complete the table.
** Mittens = a type of glove that covers all the fingers
4. a) Complete the pyramid given below.
4. b) Make sentences using the following clues
1. This is an ice-cream, It costs ten rupees.
2. This is a watch, It costs Rs. 250.
3. This is a goggle, It costs Rs. 120.
4. This is a mobile, It costs Rs. 1,500.
5. Here is a Two Thousand rupee note. Describe the note in your own sentence.
It is a Tow Thousand rupee note. It is pinkish purple in colour.
It bears the signature of Governor of Reserve Bank of India. On one side we see the picture of Mahatma Gandhi. On the other side Red Fort and it shows our Nation’s Progress.
The value of the Note is written 15 National Languages If I win two thousand Rupees in a competition. I will use it for study purpose.
If I win Two Thousand rupees in a competition, I will use it for Study purpose.
6. Fun: Draw and Enjoy
Imagine you are in a shop/a market/a fair. You have 100 rupees with you. Write three things you want to buy.
I have 100 rupees with me. I’m going to buy apples, ice-cream and a ball.
I have 100 rupees. I’m going to buy note books, crayon box and sports shoes.
7. Look at the pictures below. Observe them carefully. With the help of the clues given, build a story.
Clue : Shamim and Mary are planning to save ____ for themselves.
Shamim and Mary are planning to save money for themselves.
Clue : Everyday both of them start saving money. They put ___ in their boxes
Everyday both of them start saving money. They put coins and notes in their boxes.
Clue : The boy spends all his money by ___
The boy spends all his money by eating ice-creams and chocolates.
Clue : But the girl does not spend money. She keeps collecting because she dreams of _____
But the girl will not spend money. She keeps collecting because she dreams of purchasing a crayon box.
8. Here are some action words. Which of them can be used with the word Money?
(pick, place, give, feel, take, grant, cry, keep, save, buy, go)
1. Place the money on the table.
2. Save money for future life.
3. Buy the things needed and pay the money.
4. Give money to poor as a help.
5. Don’t waste time in making money.
9. Repeat after the teacher :
Now answer these in a sentence each.
1. Which three can be opened ?
The three which can be opened are a can, a jar and a book.
2. Which three have wheels ?
The three which have wheels are a lorry, a cart and a train.
3. Which three have handles ?
The three which have handles are an umbrella, a mug, a door.
4. Which three are homes ?
The three which which are homes are a nest, a kennel and igloo.
5. Which three come out in the dark ?
The three which come out in the dark are a owl, a bat and the people.
12. Here are some proverbs. Read them and try to add some more proverbs either in English or Kannada.
1. Honesty is the best policy.
2. If wealth is lost noting is lost,
If health is lost something is lost, .
If character is lost everything is lost.
3. Money can buy ……
a friend not friendship,
a book but not knowledge,
a bed but not sleep.