You can Download 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Correction of Sentences, 1st PUC English Textbook Answers, Karnataka State Board Solutions help you to revise complete Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Correction of Sentences
Identify the mistakes In the following sentences and correct them. One is done for you.
I. Articles :
Once upon a time, a elephant made friendship with a man.
Once upon a time an elephant made friendship with a man.
1. This is a best thing to do.
This is the best thing to do.
2. You can fool some people all a tIme, but not everyone.
You can fool some people all the time, but not everyone.
3. The huts were already occupied by o jungle lords.
The huts were already occupied by the jungle lords.
4. The old woman reduced o self esteem of the speaker.
The old woman reduced the self esteem of the speaker.
5. An European came to visit India.
A European came to visit India.
6. This is the story of a unusual medicinal creeper.
This is the story of an unusual medicinal creeper.
Example: I am here ……… teach you English.
I am here to teach you English.
1. The pinheaded duck ¡s the resident in the swampy forest,
The pìnheaded duck is the resident of the swampy forest.
2. I have another piece of work to you.
I have another piece of work for you.
3. The huts are already occupied from the jungle lords.
The huts are already occupied by jungle lords.
4. I am protecting my delicate skin by the hailstorm.
I am protecting my delicate skin from the hailstorm.
III. Subject-verb agreement:
Example: “My dear good friend, your skin re harder than mine,” said the elephant.
“My dear good friend, your skin harder than mine,” said the elephant.
1. Children is still sleeping ¡n the hut.
Children are still sleeping In the hut.
2. On the face of it, this does not seems an impossible task.
On the face of it, this does not seem an impossible task.
3. Habitat destruction ore the primary reason for the disappearance of our wild life.
Habitat destruction is the primary reason for the disappearance of our wildlife.
4. This were the result of large-scale clearing of the forests.
This was result of large-scale clearing of the forests.
5. The world have more evil than good.
The world has evil than good.
6. You is wondering around far away from home.
You are wandering around far away from home.
7. Someone have picked my pocket and taken away my wallet.
Someone has picked my pocket and taken away my wallet.
IV. Word order
Example: Why ……….. so late, Nicola?
Why are you so late, Nicola?
1. When he had met his friend?
When had he met his friend?
2. Where the fruits are?
Where are the fruits?
3. Why he has taken my book?
Why has he taken my book?
4. I have not told you to keep away from here?
Have I not told you to keep away from here?
5. Which way he did go?
Which way did he go?
6. Where he is now?
Where is he now?
7. What your command is?
What is your command?
8. You ore jealous that the Goddess comes to me rather than you in dream?
Are you jealous that the Goddess comes to me rather than you in dream?
9. Where you did come from?
Where did you come from?
10. Where you were all this time?
Where were you all this time?
11. Were where the animals living?
Where were the animals living?
Example: Suppose if you go late, you will miss the train.
If you go late, you will miss the trair
1. The cricket team returned back to India yesterday.
The cricket team returned to India yesterday.
2. I get up at 6 a.m. In the morning.
I get up at 6 a.m. or I get up at 6 in the morning.
3. Man is more better than animals.
Man Is better than animals.
4. He is my most best friend.
He is my best friend.
VI. Wrong use of words:
Example: The ………. cost ten thousand rupees.
The furniture cost ten thousand rupees.
1. I am reading anew poetry.
I am reading a new poem.
2. My hairs are block.
My hair is black.
3. He took his sheeps to graze.
He took his sheep to graze.
4. The teacher gave me good advise.
The teacher gave me good advice.
5. The thiefs escaped before the police arrived.
The thieves escaped before the police arrived.
6. The children’s were weeping. There mothers pacified them.
The children were weeping. Their mothers pacified them.
Example: I ……….. Kannada very much.
I like Can nada very much.
1. lam thanking you for your help.
I thank you for your help.
2. The pen is belonging to me.
The pen belongs to me.
3. The lady Is resembling her mother.
The lady resembles her mother.
4. She is liking sweets.
She likes sweets.
5. My friend drunk milk.
My friend drinks milk.
My friend drank milk,