Students can Download English Poem 2 Trees Questions and Answers, Summary, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 6 English Karnataka State Board Solutions help you to revise complete Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Board Class 6 English Poem Chapter 2 Trees
Trees Questions and Answers, Summary, Notes
1. Read these definitions aloud to your partner.
Ask him/her to give the word for each definition.
(Clue: same word for the first three definitions a, h and c)
- a wooden seat, fixed by four lengths of rope from a branch of a tree: swing
- fix a wooden seat by four lengths of rope from a branch of a tree: swing
- ride backward and forwards on a wooden seat suspended by ropes from a branch of a tree: swinging
- sweep up dead leaves into a heap: rake
- a group of people who go on long walks outside towns and cities for exercise or pleasure; Trekkers/Hikers.
- the season between summer and winter when leaves turn gold and fruits become ripe: autumn.
2. Interact with your partner on the points raised in the questions below. Write down what you say. Read it aloud to your partner.
The first four lines of the poem say birds, children, and people make use of trees, how do they do this?
Children tie swings from the branches of the tree and swing. They play hide and seek hiding behind the trees. They fly kites under the tree. People have tea parties under the tree shade.
Why do trees make noise some times?
When the wind blows the leaves of the tree rustles and make noise.
When do children complain about trees?
When the kites get caught in the trees, the children complain.
Where do the hikers look for cool shades in summer?
In summer, the hikers look for cool shades under the tree.
Why is mother happy to see trees?
Mother is happy to see a lovely picture in the tree to paint.
Why does father grumble about his tree?
Father grumbles because he has to rake up all the fallen dead leaves.
Which word suggests the sound of an electric saw?
Timber – R – R
3. Did any pictures come to your mind when you read the poem? Talk to your partner about them.
Fill in the blanks with suitable words. Then tell your partner the pictures that came to your mind.
- Little tree houses seen on treetops
- A girl hides behind a tree to play hide and seek.
- Caught in the branches, an old kite has lost its flight.
- At midday the cool shade is soothing.
- A coconut palm swings its fronds on a windy day.
- A mango tree is laden with big bunches of mangoes.
- A banyan tree on a misty day.
Trees Summary in English
Trees are very useful for everyone. Birds live on the trees and build their nests. Children make tree houses, tie swings, play hide and seek and have tea parties under its shade. Children complain about the tree when their kites get caught in the tree.
In summer, people take shelter in its shade, old trees are chopped for timber. Mother feels that the tree is a lovely picture to paint. Father feels it is burden when leaves fall down in autumn.
Trees Summary in Kannada