Students can Download History Chapter 11 The Rashtrakutas of Manyakheta & The Chalukya’s of Kalyana Questions and Answers, Notes, KSEEB Solutions for Class 8 Social Science helps you to revise complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 8 Social Science History Chapter 11 The Rashtrakutas of Manyakheta & The Chalukya’s of Kalyana
Class 8 Social Science South The Rashtrakutas of Manyakheta & The Chalukya’s of Kalyana Textual Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks :
The founder of Rashtrakuta dynasty was ……………
The chalukya king of who was responsible for the defeat of Rashtrakuta was ……………
Tailapa – II
The author of kavirahasya is …………….
The famous poem written by ponna is ………….
The most king among the kalyana chalukya was ………..
Vikramaditya – VI
The person who can be called ‘ the pioneer of social revolution is …………
II. Answer The Following Questions
How was the administrative system of the Rashtrakutas?
- The kingship among the Rashtrakutas was heridity.
- There used to be council of ministers to assist the king
example : Mahasandhivigrahi.
- For the purpose of administative continence the kingdom was divided into Rashtra, vishaya, Nadu & grama.
- The leader of grama was called gramati (or) prabhagaovanda. He was the leader of village.
- There used to be an official called Nadagavubda in nadus.
Write about the educational system under the Rashtrakutas
- Agraharas and mathas were the prominent educational centers in those days.
- Knowledge was imparted about sanksrit the vedas, Astrology, logic and the puranas.
- Salotgi in indi taluk of Bijapur district was one of the leading centers of learning.
Write about the ellora temple.
The kailashanath temple at ellora, built by Krishna is a monolothic wonder. This temple has carved from a rock 100 feet high, 276 feet long and 154 feet wide.
How did kalyan chalukyas encourage literature?
- Literature received encouragement during the period of the chalukyas
- Kannada literature prospered with the support of jain rulers.
- The notable works of this period are ‘gadayuddha’ writtem Ranna, ‘panchatantra’ written by Durga simha
‘vikramankadeva charita’ composed Bilhana etc..
- The unique contribution has been the vachana literature.
Class 8 Social Science South The Rashtrakutas of Manyakheta & The Chalukya’s of Kalyana Additional Questions and Answers
I. Fill In The Blanks
Halayudha wrote ………..
Someshwara I defeated ………………… in koppam
………………. was written by someswara III
Panchatantra was written by …………..
Arab travaller sulaiman visited ……………………. court of Rashtrakutas.
The foreign affairs look after in Rashtrakutas dyasty was ……………
‘Kavirajamarga’ the significant in kannada written by …………..
Kalyani chalukya rule started by …………..
III. Answer The Following
Name some of the Rashtrakutas Rulers.
Krishna, Dantidurga, Govinda – II, Dhruva Govinda – III, Amogavarsha.
Amogavarsha was a great king of Rashtrakutas. How?
- The early region of Amoghavarsha had to face many obstacles.
- He was not interested in feauds and desired peace.
- He got rid of enemity be developing martial relation with the gangas and pallavas.
- Since he was peace having king, he had or give up some territories in the north
- Arab traveller sulaiman, has praised Amoghavarsha has one of the four powerful emperors of the world.
Write the achivements of someshwara I
- He built a new city called kalyana and made it his capital.
- He defeated Rajadhiraha in koppam.
Write the achivements of vikramadhitya IV.
- He began the chalukya vikrama era – in 1076 C.E
- He suppressed the revolt of the Hoysala king vishnuvardhana
- He had established contact with the srilanka an king vijayabahu.
Write a note on Basaveshwara
- Jagajyothi Basaveshwara devoted his life to spreading the values of the veerashaiva sect to the common people.
- Soft advice, harsh critism, strict warning.
- Surrendering oneself to shiva.
- He established anubhava mantappa in 1162 CE.
- He wrote many popular vachanas.
Name the important coins of kalyan had chalukyas.
Mints were set up in lakkundi and sudi to mint coins like gadyana, pana, dhrumma, pon and suvarna.
Match The Following
|1. Bilhana||a. Dharmamruta|
|2. Someshwara III||b. Mitakshara|
|3. Nayasena||c. Gadhayuddha|
|4. Vignaneshwara||d. Manasollasa|
|5. Ranna||e. Vachanas|
|6. Allamaprabhu||f. Vikramankadeva charitha|