Students can Download Class 3 English Chapter 2 Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 3 English helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 3 English Chapter 2 Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
3. Can you read the story given below ?
Read the following story and asnwer the questions that follows :
Spoorti is eight years old. She has black shiny eyes. She enjoys herself looking at butterflies, flowers and trees. ‘How wonderful to be able to see things!,’ feels Spoorti. For a while Spoorti shuts her eyes with her hands. She cannot see anything.
Spoorti has sharp ears. She can hear the sounds.
She hears the birds singing, the bees buzzing and more than anything, her mother singing. ‘How wonderful it is to hear sounds! says Spoorti to herself.
a. Answer the following questions.
1. How old is Spoorti ?
Spoorti is eight years old.
2. What does she look at ?
She looks at butterflies, flowers and trees.
3. How can she hear the sounds ?
She can hear the sound when she shuts her eyes with her hands.
b. Read and match the following :
4. (a) Opposites :
When your teacher says ‘old’, you should say ‘young. Use the words given below and continue.
These words are called ‘opposites’.
(b) Read the words given in the shape below. Group them as ‘naming words’ and ‘action words’
(c) There are different ways to move. Tick (✓) only the movement words in the balloons. Match them with the pictures. Draw lines.
6. What can I do ?
Say what each of these can do. Choose words from the box.
Now write four things that you can do.
1. I can walk.
2. I can sleep.
3. I can read.
4. I can clap.
8. (a) Write the parts of the body used to do the actions.
Choose words from the list.
(b) Correct these sentences and write the answers in the boxes.
1. We see with our nose.
We see with our eyes.
2. We hear with our eyes.
We hear with our ears.
3. We smell with out tongue.
We smell with our nose.
4. We taste with our ears.
We taste with our tongue.
9. Read the actions below. Draw if it is True and if it is False.
10. (a) My doll – Jolly Janaki
Write the words in the space given.
(b) Complete the description.
My doll’s name is Jolly Janaki. She has ___ and ___. She has a big ___ on her face. She is wearing ___and ___ I love her very much.
My doll’s name is Jolly Janaki. She has big face and eyes. She has a big smile on her face. She is wearing mini skirt, mini pant and shoes. I love her very much.
14. Proverbs / Sayings :
Can you think of any proverbs related to human body and its functions in English or your home tongue? Rearrange the proverbs/sayings given below. Add a few more.
1. godliness / is / next / cleanliness / to
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
2. worship / work / is
Work is worship.
3. index / is / of / mind / face the
Face is the index of mind.
4. an apple / doctor / a day / away / the / keeps
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
15. Riddles :
Solve the riddles :
1. What is broken when you speak ?
2. What has two legs and flies in the sky ?
3. What can’t you hold for long, though it is as light as air ?
4. What runs from Delhi to Bombay without moving ?
5. What has eyes but no head ?
6. What is most useful when broken ?
7. What has a head but no face?
8. What always comes after a dog ?