Students can Download Class 4 English Chapter 7 Profession, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 4 English helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 4 English Chapter 7 Profession
Listen, Recite and enjoy :
“In the Fields” (Poem)
New Words :
Read and answer orally.
Say Yes or No Rewrite the sentences if you find them not correct.
1. The balloon man skips lunch every day.
No. The balloon man forgets lunch almost every day.
2. “The balloon man came to the market only in summer.
No. The balloon man comes always on the market days.
3. The balloon man always sold red, purple, blue and green coloured balloons.
No. The balloon man sold big and small balloons.
4. The balloon man displayed each balloon separately.
No. The balloon man displayed all the balloons tied together.
5. The balloons look beautiful if they are let into air.
No. The balloons look pretty if they are let into the sky.
6. People waited for the balloon man to let the balloons go.
No. The carts and people get between and saw him letting the balloons in the sky.
Read and write the answer.
1. When does the balloon man come to sell his balloons ?
The balloon man comes on every market days to sell his balloons.
2. What different colours of balloons does the balloon man sell ?
The balloon man sells balloons of red, purple, blue and green colours.
3. Do you like balloons? What colours do you like ?
I like balloons of purple colour.
4. In the sports opening functions, balloons are flown in the sky. Why ?
Because it is a happy occasion.
Listen and say aloud.
Teacher will say these words aloud. Listen and repeat. Classify the words into two columns based on the sounds.
night, choice, oil, noise, mind, high, voice, sky, why, tight, my, boy, buy, bike, like, night, eye, I, life, kite, try, toy, joy.
Play the game :
Read the given pictures. Write the suitable word for each picture in the first box and the correct number in the second box.
Fill in the gaps with a word from the box.
1. We can buy some pain-killer at the ___
2. I’m going to the ___ bread.
3. There are some lovely flowers at the __
4. I bought this gold necklace at a local ___
5. There weren’t any fresh vegetables at the ___
6. Laxmi’s hair looks awful. She needs to go to the ___
Read and enjoy : “What God Does … ?”
New Words :
Read and answer orally.
Say Yes or No. Rewrite the sentences if you find they not correct.
1. The Minister told the king that even a shepherd boy could answer what God could do.
2. The king was happy to hear that a shepherd boy could answer what God could do.
No. The king was puzzled to hear that a shepherd boy could answer what God could do.
3. The shepherd boy was afraid when the king asked him a question.
No. The shepherd boy was unafraid when, the king asked him a question.
4. The king was puzzled when the shephered asked him if the king was asking question as a student or a teacher.
5. The Minister led the shepherd boy to the throne.
6. “God turns a shepherd boy into an Emperor! And an Emperor into a shepherd!”. Answer:
Box ‘a’ has some words. Pick out words which are associated with a king’s court and write them in box ‘B’ :
Read and write answer.
1. What did the Minister tell the king ?
The Minister told the king that even a shepherd boy can answer his question.
2. Why was the king happy ?
As the village boy asked the king that is he asking question as a teacher or as a student. To this king was puzzled.
3. Was the shepherd boy afraid when the king asked him a question?
The shepherd boy was unafraid when the king asked him the question.
4. Who led the shepherd boy to the throne ?
The emperor lead the shepherd boy to the throne.
5. What did the shepherd boy tell the king ?
The shepherd boy told the king to look at the student’s cheekiness.
Fun with words :
Pictures of some professionals are given in ‘A’. Fill in columns ‘B’, ‘C’, and ‘D’ appropriately. Clues are given below for columns ‘B’ and ‘C’.
(traffic circle, camera, clay, scissors, wheel, studio, whistle, stethoscope, thread, tape, hospitals or clinics, potter’s corner, tailor’s shop)
Listen and identify:
Teacher says/reads out these pieces of dialogues. After each piece is read/said, identify the people and the place with which these dialogues are related or associated.
Write well :
Complete the following table.
1. The king asked the minister a question.
The king did not ask the minister a question.
Did the king ask the Minister a question ?
Didn’t the king ask the Minister a question ?
2. The Emperor was irritated by this response.
The Emperor was not irritated by this response.
Did the Emperor got irritated by this response ?
Didn’t the Emperor got irritated by this response ?
3. The Minister brought a young shepherd to Court.
The Minister did not bring an young shepherd to Court.
Did the Minister bring a young shepherd to Court ?
Didn’t the Minister bring a young shepherd to Court ?
4. The emperor took the shepherd’s cloak.
The emperor did not take shepherd’s cloak.
Did the emperor take the shepherd’s cloak ?
Didn’t the emperor take the shepherd’s cloak ?
5. The Minister looked at the Emperor.
The Minister did not look at the Emperor.
Did the Minister look at the Emperor ?
Didn’t the Minister look at the Emperor ?
Write More :
Read and fill in the gaps with words from the box.
(believe, fantastic, getting, ready, preparing, project, student)
Ragini is a student. This week, she’s working on a project. Also, she and her classmates are preparing for a local art competition. Ragini wants to win. All her friends believe she can, because she paints fantastic paintings. Ragini is a very special girl. She always works hard when she’s getting ready for a school activity.
Read and Write :
Add’-er’ or ‘-r’ to the doing words below to make new words.
1. fight …….
2. dance ….
3. speak …..
4. ride …..
5. write ….
6. joke …..
7. sing …..
8. play …..