Students can Download Class 4 English Chapter 9 Adventure, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 4 English helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 4 English Chapter 9 Adventure
Listen, Recite and enjoy :
New Words :
Read and answer orally.
A. Read the poem.’ Words are given in three columns. Match them to make meaningful sentences and say them.
e.g. Girls wear hand gloves to keep hands warm.
1. Girls wear hand gloves to keep hands warm.
2. Girls feel chill in the marrow.
3. Girls ignore sore in the soles.
4. Girls like to climb without stopping.
5. Girls tap rocks under the feet.
6. Girls do not know how far is the top.
Read and write answers :
Listen and say aloud.
A. Teacher sings this song and says the underlined words aloud:
deer, mere, smear, sheer, cheer, clear, fear, peer, here, gear, pair, rare, scare, bare, care, chair, share, dare, fair, glare, hare.
B. Teacher says these words. Listen and put them under the right box. Tear, mere, mare, pair, year, dear, fare, hear, near, chair, clear, ear, air.
Play this Game:
A. Look at the picture of adventurous sports. Read them. Fill in the table by writing (*) in the right column.
Read and enjoy : “ARUNIMA SINHA, A BRAVE SOUL”
New Words :
A. Read and answer orally. Then write.
Match the words of column ‘A’ with those of column ‘B’. Say the answers aloud.
1. Arunima was a former volley ball player.
2. Doctors amputated her leg.
3. Her Dream was scaling Mount Everest.
4. A Training was conducted by Tata Steel Adventure Foundation.
5. Bachendripal trained Arunima.
6. Artificial leg was a challenge.
7. People’ adviced to stop expedition.
8. Achievement was reaching the top of Everest.
B. Look at the pictures. These are used by mountaineers. Write the names of them.
C. a) What things do the mountaineers carry in their bags-? Put them into the bags.
Sleeping bag, Shoes and socks, Jerkin overcoat or Jacket, Hand gloves, Spade, Goggles, Water Bottles, Torch.
b) What do the mountaineers wear while climbing ?
Jerkin overcoat or Jacket, Shoes and socks, hand gloves and goggle.
Listen and do.
1. Listen to your teacher. Do what your teacher asks you to do.
Open your bag. Take out your instrument box. Draw a straight line of 2 inches using the scale. Draw another straight line of 2. inches below the first line. The distance between the first line and the second line is 2 inches. Join sides by drawing straight lines.
What is the shape of figure you get? Say it aloud.
Fun with words :
A. Look at the pictures and read the dialogues. Write one word for the underlined words and fill in the blanks.
(pedestrians, centenarian, pesticide, draw)
1. Ajit: Grandpa, how old are you?
Grandpa: I’m one hundred years old.
Ajit: You are a centenarian aren’t you?
2. Sudha : Did your team win the game?
Prabha : No. Our team neither lost nor win.
The game ended in a draw.
3. The police: Do you see Zebra crossing over there?
Chintu: Yes. Who is it for?
The police: It is for the people who walk on foot.
Chintu: Do you mean to say it is for pedestrians?
4. Ranganna: The crops are infested with pests.
How can I get rid of them ?
Bheemanna: Why don’t you use chemicals to kill pests ?
Ranganna : No. I don’t want to kill them with pesticide.
Write well :
A. Read the given sentences. Write what and whom the underlined words refer to.
1. Kamala is a ball badminton player. She trains others.
‘She’ refers to ‘Kamala’.
2. The skate board is useful. But it is very expensive.
‘It’ refers to ‘skate board’.
3. Vishnu likes sports. He climbs rocks in his free time.
‘He’ refers to ‘Vishnu’.
4. Hand gloves and boots are on the shelf. They are needed to scale mountains.
‘They’ refers to ‘handgloves and boots’.
B. Read the following sentences. Follow the example and fill in the blanks. Choose the words from those given.
(theirs, his, yours, hers)
e.g. The jacket is on the rack. It is my jacket.
The jacket is on the rack. It is mine.
1. Gowri bought a tennis ball yesterday. It is her ball.
Gowri bought a tennis ball yesterday. It is hers.
2. Ganesha and Shanmukha carry bags on the back. They are their bags.
Ganesha and Shanmukha carry bags on the back. The bags are theirs.
3. This is your oxygen cylinder.
This oxygen cylinder is yours.
4. These sun glasses belong to. Ravi. They are ____
These sun glasses belong to Ravi. They are Ravi’s.
C. Read a letter written by Jyothi to Nihaan. Write who the underlined words refer to. Choose the words from those given. (warden, Jyothi and her friends, Nihaan, Jyothi)
My friend is visiting me this week end. We are going to. trek the Kodachadri hills. Do you want to join us? Please give me a call before you leave your place. I want you to take permission from the hostel warden. Tell him that you will be back next. Tudsday.. see you at my place.
we : Jyothi and her friends
you : Nihaan
him : warden.
Write more :
A. Read the passage. Write the summary of it in three sentences.
Shankara wanted to climb a rock. The rock was very big. He wore proper shoes. He took a rope with him. He climbed the rock with the help of a trainer.
Summary : Shankara wanted to climb a rock He used proper shoes and a rope. He climbed with the help of a trainer.
B. Read the passage. Write the summary of it by filling in the blanks.
The police went to an old woman’s house. He enquired about the theft. The woman told him that it was night. She was sleeping. She heard a sound in the kitchen. She saw a thief in the kitchen. The thief opened the refrigerator and ate all the food.
The police went to an old woman’s house to enquire about the theft. The thief entered her house at night. : He opened the refrigerator and ate all the food.
Sumanth has lost his pencil. Help him to find it by showing the way.