Students can Download English Poem 1 The Elephant Questions and Answers, Summary, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 5 English Karnataka State Board Solutions help you to revise complete Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Board Class 5 English Poem Chapter 1 The Elephant
The Elephant Questions and Answers, Summary, Notes
C1. Answer the following questions:
What colour is the Elephant?
The Elephant is grey in colour.
How long does the elephant walk each day?
For miles each day
How is the Elephant’s trunk?
An Elephant trunk is long
What does the trunk come out for?
It comes out for a cake or bun
Many people can ride on the elephant. Why?
The elephant is big, its ears are wide and its back is broad. People want to have fun so they sit on the elephant.
Where does the elephant take the children?
It carries the children round the zoo.
Say the following pairs of words together.
grey – day, fun – bun, wide – ride, too – zoo.
A1. Complete the dotted picture of the elephant given below. Write the names of The different parts. Discuss with your partner and make four sentences. One is done for you
- The elephant has small eyes.
- The elephant has a long trunk.
- The elephant has broad ears.
- The elephant has two tusks
- The elephant is grey in colour.
The Elephant Additional Questions
Is it true that elephants never forget anything?
Elephant do have very good memories. They can find food and water during drought because they can remember places to drink and to find food.
Why do elephants have such large ears?
Elephants have large ears to cool themselves. The ears act like huge fans. When the animal flaps its ears, the blood temperature goes down 5 degrees Celsius.
Can elephants run?
Elephants don’t really run, but they can walk very fast. Researchers have recorded speeds of moving elephants at 18-20 miles (29-32 kilometers) per hour!
Are elephants afraid of mice?
At one time many people thought elephants were afraid of mice, but this is not true
Is the normal lifespan of an elephant is 100 years?
Although many people believe that elephants five for over 100 years, the oldest elephant ever recorded died on Feb 26, 2003. at the age of 86 It had lived in the Taipei zoo in Taiwan, The average lifespan of an elephant in the wild is about 50 years.
Circle T if the statement is true according to the reading. Circle F if the statement is false.
1. Elephants have excellent memories.
2. Elephants can find food and water even when the weather is extremely dry.
3. Elephants don’t forget other elephants.
4. Elephants have huge ears.
5. Elephants’ ears serve mostly so they can hear very, very well.
6. Elephants can run very fast.
7. Elephants are afraid of mice.
8. Scientists have records of elephants that have lived to be 100 years old.
9. Elephants in the wild live for about 60 years, on average.
10. Although elephants in certain zoos are extremely well cared – for, elephants in zoos never live as long as elephants in the wild. They die younger.
The Elephant Summary In English
The Elephant is very big and grey in colour – It walks for miles every day. His trunk is very very long and when it takes it out to eat cake or bun. It is real fun The elephants ears are wide and big. His back is broad so many of us can sit on it and go for a ride. Though he is big, he is very kind. He carries the little children carefully around the zoo.
The Elephant Summary In Kannada