Students can Download Social Science Civics Chapter 18 Our Constitution Questions and Answers, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 7 Social Science helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 7 Social Science Civics Chapter 18 Our Constitution
Class 7 Social Science Our Constitution Textbook Questions and Answers
What is the Constitution?
A constitution means a set of basic rules followed by a country. It enumerates the organs of the Government, its powers and functions.
Who was the President of the Constituent Assembly?
Dr. Rajendra Prasad was the president of the constituent Assembly.
What was the role of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar in drafting the Constitution?
The assembly created the drafting committee under the chairmanship of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar. The numbers of the constitute assembly verified the draft constitution and proposed 2473 amendments. The proposed amendments and the draft constitution were discussed in detail in the meeting of the constituent assembly. Dr.B.R.Ambedkar was the Law Minister of India from 15th August 1947 to 26th January 1950.
On which day India was declared as a Republic?
On 26th January 1950, India was declared as a ‘Republic’.
What is an Adult franchise?
Adult Franchise is a system of electing representatives through voting of adult members who are 18 year above. A good government comes to power by voting without any discrimination.
What is the Republic?.
The constitution declared India as a republic on January 26th, 1950. In this republican system, there is the rule of elected representatives by the people, there is no rule of the king. This system, In India which has this kind of political system, is known to be a democratic republic.
What is secularism?
Secularism means in which the Governments are expected to make no discrimination on the basis of religion and are expected to treat all religions equally. Every citizen is at freedom to practice religion office choice and faith.
Class 7 Social Science Our Constitution Additional Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks:
- The constitution of India begins with a _______.
- _______ is independent of executive and legislature and has adequate powers.
- India is the _______ largest in the world.
- The Indian constitution has distributed the powers between the center and _______ governments.
II. Answer the following questions briefly:
How many members were there in the constituent Assembly? When was the first session held?
- There were 299 members in the constituent Assembly.
- The first session was held on 9th December 1946.
When did our constitution come into force?
Our constitution came into force on 26th January 1950.
What do you mean by the bicameral legislature?
A Parliament with two houses, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
What is the size of our constitution?
The constitution of India has 22 chapters containing 395 clauses, 3954 articles and 12 schedules.
Whose decision is final in the Judiciary?
The decision of the Supreme Court is final and all are expected to adhere to it.
What do you mean by a welfare state?
A state which sets a goal to provide social and economic security to all its citizens is known as a welfare state.
In case of violation of fundamental rights, who has the power to rectify it?
The Judiciary has to power to rectify it.
III. Answer the following questions in 3 or 4 sentences each :
What are the features of the written constitution?
- The Indian constitution is in the written form and is the lengthiest constitution in the world.
- The structure, power, and extent of the power of the three organs of the government are explained.
- There is a single constitution both for central and state governments.
Explain the term Republic.
- A republic is a nation with an elected head of the state, the President.
- The President is elected for a term of 5 years. The post is not hereditary.
Why did it take three years for the constituent?
Assembly to make the final draft of the constitution:
- The members of the constituent Assembly verified the draft constitution and proposed 2413 Amendments.
- The proposed amendments and the draft constitution were discussed in detail in the meeting of the constituent Assembly.
Explain the term ‘Preamble’.
- The constitution of India begins with an introduction or a preface, which is called the ‘Preamble’.
- It is a statement of the dreams and ideologies of the people.
- Justice, Freedom, Equality, self respect, fraternity and national integrity are the ideologies that find reference in the preamble.
What is the significance of the constitution?
Being the fundamental law of the country the constitution has great significance.
- It protects the rights of the citizens as all are equal before the law.
- It functions as a reference guide to the duties to be performed by the government.
- It coordinates the functions of the democratic institutions such as the legislature, executive, and Judiciary.
- It also organizes better relations between the government and the individual.
IV. Choose the correct option and fill in the blanks:
1. _______ was the first president of India.
a) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
b) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
c) Dr. Zakeer Hussain
d) Sri.V.V. Giri
a) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
2. The constitution came into force on _______.
a) 15th August 1947
b) 26th November 1949
c) 26th January 1950
d) May 1952
c) 26th January 1950
3. There are _______ schedules in the constitution of India.
4. The first general election of India were held between _______.
a) 1950- 1951
b) 1951 -52
b) 1951 -52
5. All Indian citizens above the age of _______ have the right to vote.