Students can Download Social Science Civics Chapter 21 Our Defence Forces Questions and Answers, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 7 Social Science helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 7 Social Science Civics Chapter 21 Our Defence Forces
Class 7 Social Science Our Defence Forces Textbook Questions and Answers
I. Discuss in groups and answer:
Who is given the supreme power of the defence forces?
The supreme power of the defence forces are vested with the President of India.
Which are the divisions of the defence forces?
The defence system has three divisions. Army, Navy and Air Force.
How is the chief of the Army called?
Chief of the army is called General.
Where is the head-office of the army?
The head office of the army is in New Delhi.
How is the chief of the Navy called?
The Chief of the navy is called Admiral.
What is the slogan of the NCC?
The slogan of the NCC is ‘discipline and unity’.
What are the important functions of the Army?
The important functions of the Army are
- Rendering valuable humanitarian services during Natural calamities such as earthquakes, floods, drought, landslides, whirlwind.
- Responsible for discharging duties related to the control of force.
What are the functions of the Border Road organization?
- The Border Roads organization opens the closed entries to the army to enable aimed operations instantly.
- It also coordinates the important, works like construction of roads, bridges, and drainage lines.
What is the aim of the Indian Red Cross Society?
The main aim of the Indian Red Cross Society is humanity and voluntary service.
Would you like to serve the defence? If so, give reasons.
Yes, I would like to serve the defence. It gives me the pride to be an Indian and serve the country In the lower classes, I have read about great kings and warriors who had sacrificed their lives serving the nation, I want to become one too.
Class 7 Social Science Our Defence Forces Additional Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks:
- Protecting the country from foreign aggression is the primary duty of the forces.
- The forces are necessary for the protection of the islands and coastal lines.
- The Indian Air Force is the biggest in the world.
- The important duty of the border security force is to protect the borders.
- The teaches us qualities like community life and leadership.
- NCCL/ National Cadet corps
II. Match the following:
|1. Army||a. Admiral|
|2. Navy||b. General|
|3. Air Force||c. Air Chief Marshall|
|4. Coastal Guards||d. Assistant Defence Forces|
|5. Home Guards||e. Para Military Force|
III. Answer the following questions in a sentence each :
What is the Naval Base of the Indian Navy known as?
It is known as Sea – Bird.
Which are the important training centers of the Indian Air Force?
The command stations at Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Dindigul have important training centers.
What is the main purpose of the operational Defence Forces?
The operational Defence Forces help the main fighting forces dining critical situations.
What is the role of Assistant Defence Forces in Schools and Colleges?
In order to infuse certain values like patriotism and service mindedness among the youth, few activities are planned in schools and colleges.
IV. Answer the following questions briefly:
Which are die main training centers for the defence forces?
The important training centers for the defence forces are:
- National Defence Academy
- Defence Service Training Center
- Indian Military Academy
- National Defence Academy, Khadakvasla, Pune.
What does the Indian Army Comprise?
The Indian Army comprises of Infantry, Cavalry, Tank regiments called Armed Corps, Gunners Regiment or Artillery.
What is the role of the Indian during peacetime?
- The army has been rendering valuable humanitarian services during natural calamities such as earthquake, floods, drought, landslides, whirlwind, etc.
- The land army apart from being technically advanced has also its own spy agency.
What is the role of the central Industrial Security Force?
- It is providing security to over 300 government and private industrial installations and laboratories in India.
- It also provides protection to the airports, harbors, railway stations, historical sites, and nuclear power stations.
What are the services rendered by Home Guards?
- The Home guards coordinate the functions of the police force.
- Its works are – Assistance in the maintenance of interval security, emergency, and natural calamities.
What does the Indian Navy consist of?
- The Indian Navy consists of advanced missile ships arid submarines.
- Among them INS Vibhuthi and INS Godavari are prominent.
- Apart from them, INS Virat and INS Vikramaditya are well equipped with fighter aircraft.
What are the functions of dying coastal guards?
- To protect the coastal borders of the country.
- It also undertakes humanitarian services during natural calamities such as whirlwind, Tsunami, and cyclones.
- Its prominent works include preventing intrusions, smuggling and such others.
What are the concessions given to the National cadet crops?
The NCC cadets are given the following Concessions:
- The NCC cadets learn certain qualities such as community life and leadership.
- Those who get this training are given preference in recruitment to the army.
- They get a reservation in admission to higher courses.
What are the contributions of the National Security Group?
- National Security Group provides security to very important persons.
- It assists in suppressing terrorism and provides internal security.
- The bomb diffusion group is complementary to it.
V. Choose the correct option and fill in the blanks:
1. India has about _______ kms of land border.
2. The supreme power of the defence forces is vested with the _______ of India.
a) Defence Minister
c) Home Minister
d) Foreign Minister
3. The chief of the army is called _______.
b) Air MarshaIl
c) Air Chief Marshal
4. The Naval Base of the Indian Navy is situated in _______.
5. We have clashed on the border issue with _______.