Students can Download Business Studies Chapter 2 Entrepreneurship Questions and Answers, Notes Pdf, KSEEB SSLC Class 10 Social Science Solutions helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 10 Social Science Business Studies Chapter 2 Entrepreneurship
Class 10 Social Science Entrepreneurship Textual Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks with suitable answers:
The word entrepreneur has come from the French word …………
The process of action an entrepreneur undertakes to establish an enterprise is called ………..
The person who developed Apollo Group of hospital was …………….
Dr. Pratap Reddy.
The chairperson of Wipro is …………….
II. Discuss the following questions in group and then answer:
Who is an entrepreneur?
Entrepreneur is an innovator of new ideas and business processes. He possesses management skills, building abilities of strong team and essential leadership qualities to manage the business.
“Entrepreneurship is a creative activity”. How?
- Entrepreneurship is a creative activity
- It is the ability to create and build something.
- It- is a knack of sensing the opportunity where others see chaos, contradiction and confusion.
- Entrepreneurship is the attitude of mind to seek opportunities take calculated risks and derive benefits by setting up a venture which comprises of numerous activities involved in it.
What are the characteristics of an entrepreneur?
The characteristics of an entrepreneur are:
- Team building.
- Achievement of motivation
- Goal Orientation.
- Decision making.
Explain the importance of an entrepreneur.
- Entrepreneurs occupy a central position in a market economy.
- Serve as the “Spark plug” in the economy’s engine, activating and stimulating all dynamic activities for the economic progress of a nation and to spread its activities worldwide.
- Encourages the entrepreneurial activities because they are the critical determinants for success, prosperity, growth and opportunity in the economy.
- Entrepreneurs promote capital formation by mobilizing the idle savings of the public.
- They employ their own as well as borrowed resources for setting up their enterprises.
- The creation of wealth is very essential for the industrial and economic development of a country.
- It is the entrepreneurial energy, creativity, and innovation that trigger the production and sale of new products and services.
- Who undertakes the risk of the enterprise in search of profit and seeks opportunities to earn profit and strives hard to satisfy the needs.
Class 10 Social Science Entrepreneurship Additional Questions and Answers
The chairman and managing director of Biocon Ltd. is ………………
Kiran Mazumdar Shah.
At nineteen Ektakapoor ventured into ……….. production.
Reliance Company is started by ……………….
The corner tea shop is an example for self-employed.
……………… is an essential requirement to start enterprise.
Export and Import Bank is an important example for the institution.
Allotment of raw materials is provided by district ………….
……….. is the founder and chairman of “Jet Airways”.
…………. is one of the founders of Infosys Technologies Ltd.
The father of White Revolution is ………….
Multiple Choice Questions
It is a very powerful factor in changing the business environment of a country
Entrepreneurs occupy a central position in a
d) None of these
The founder of “Jet Airways” is
a) Dr. Pratap Reddy
b) Naresh Goyal
c) Dhirubhai Ambani
d) Azim Premji
b) Naresh Goyal
As the majority of new business entities are launched with
a) Labour and maximum capital
b) Self – employed
c) Minimum capital
d) Small and medium enterprises
Three Marks Questions
Write the functions of entrepreneurs.
The main functions of an entrepreneur are:
- An entrepreneur starts business activity by preparing various plans relating to business.
- He organizes factors of production
- He takes decisions about product, technology, marketing, employment etc
- He co-ordinates things effectively.
- He introduces new methods into practice.
- He handles the budget of his concern
- He bears risk and uncertainty
- He gives directions to the business firm and ensures its effective operations.
Which are the Self-Employment opportunities for Entrepreneur?
- Advertising agencies
- Marketing consultancy
- Industrial consultancy
- Equipment Rental and Leasing
- Photocopying centres
- Industrial Research and Development
- Industrial Testing Labs
- Internet Browsing
- Installation and operation of cable and T.V. Network
- Creche and Beauty parlors.
Why promotional organisations established? Which are they?
Institutions support entrepreneurs in respect of training, financing, and marketing.
- District Industrial centres
- Small Industrial Development Corporation Ltd
- National Small Industries Corporation
- Small Scale Industries Board
- Small Industries Service Institutions
- Industrial Estates
- Khadi and Village Industries Corporation
- Technical Consultancy Organisations.