You can Download 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Prepositions, 1st PUC English Textbook Answers, Karnataka State Board Solutions help you to revise complete Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Prepositions
A. I. Identify the prepositions in the following sentences and underline them.
1. He threw the ball across the court.
2. They drove along the road.
3. Come and sit next to me.
4. Please don’t be angry with me.
- He threw the ball across the court.
- They drove along the road.
- Come and sit next to me.
- Please don’t be angry with me.
II. Fill in the blanks with appropriate prepositions from the brackets.
1. Revathi, go and sit (beside/besides) Shobha.
2. Has the train (through/from) Mysore arrived?
3. Don’t eat anything (in between /between) meals as it is bad for health.
4. Varun waited (for/since) an hour for his sister at the bus stop.
5. Vidya is not afraid (of/off) anything.
- in between
III. Correct the following sentences.
The shops in the city open on 9 O’ clock.
The shops in the city open at 9 O’ clock.
He lives at Mumbai.
He lives in Mumbai.
He cut an apple by a knife.
He cut an apple with a knife.
It has been raining since three hours.
It has been raining/or three hours.
Distribute the mangoes between all the students.
Distribute the mangoes among all the students.
B. I. Prepositions of Place:
Look at these pictures. Below each of them write the appropriate preposition of place given in brackets.
(besides, below, behind, under, on, over, in front of, above)
a – over
b – above
c – on
d – infront of
e – beside
f – below
g – under
h – behind.
II. Prepositions of Time:
Refer the picture given below and complete the sentences with at, on, in.
1. Columbus made his first voyage from Europe to America ______ 1492.
2. Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon ______ 21 July 1969.
3. I am just going out for shopping. I will be back ______ about 20 minutes.
4. The course begins ______ 7 January and ends sometime ______ April.
5. If the sky is clear, you can see the stars _______ night.
6. Shankar’s brother is an engineer, but he doesn’t have a job ______ the moment.
7. The telephone and the door bell rang ______ the same time.
8. My car is being repaired at the garage. It will be ready _______ two hours.
- on, in
iii. Prepositions of Movement:
(a) Refer the pictures (WB page no. 8) and correct the sentences.
- Naga crawled around the house.
- Naga fell off the table.
- Naga slithered across the road.
- Naga climbed up the hill.
- Naga moved into the huge pipe.
- Naga passed through the chair.
- Naga ran away from the tree.
- Naga hurried past the car.
- Naga dashed towards the pot.
(b) Fill in the blanks with the appropriate prepositions given in brackets.
1. The elephant walked _________the forest and saw the man’s hut. (through/on/onto)
2. Mr. Hyena ran _________the man’s hut and howled for a place. (into/onto/over)
3. The ship sailed the world. (around/through/over)
4. The train went ________ the tunnel. (in/through/onto)
5. The suitcase fell ________ the floor. (into/on/around)
6. She broke her leg when she fell the stairs. (off/in/down)
7. The burglar made a mistake by running _______ the policeman. (towards/under/onto)
8. I was tired after walking _________ the hill. (through/into/up)
9. When the train arrived at my destination I got ________ (into/onto/off)
10. The horse jumped ________ the fence. (over/under/down)
(c) Complete the following passages with appropriate prepositions given In brackets.
George Bernard was a man of taste. He liked to have beautiful things …..1…… (about, around) him. He was of the firm opinion that literature and beauty were both equally necessary …..2…… (in, on) life. Once a visitor asked him, “You are a lover …..3…… (of, on) everything beautiful. How is It that I do not see any flowers …..4…… (in, of) your room, though your garden is full of them?” “You are absolutely right. But, I love children too. Is it necessary for me to show my love …..5…… (with, for) them …..6…… (by, from) cutting off their heads and displaying them…..7…… (in, on) vases?” . The visitor was speechless.
A little girl, who had been told that Lincoln was not very good looking, was taken …..1……(by, with) her father to see the president …..2…… (at, on) the White House. Lincoln chatted with her …..3…… (with, for) a while in his gentle, humorous way. Suddenly the little girl called out, “Daddy! He is not ugly at all. He is just beautiful.”