You can Download 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Word Order, 1st PUC English Textbook Answers, Karnataka State Board Solutions help you to revise complete Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Word Order
A. I. Arrange the words to make affirmative sentences.
I like you.
I speak French.
3. hates / pigeons / He
He hates pigeons.
4. The girls/song/a/sing
The girls sing a song.
5. sell /flowers / we
We sell flowers.
6. you/to see/me/he/wants
He wants you to see me.
He wants me to see you.
You can feed my cat.
8. sister/ has / my / got / a dog
My sister has got a dog.
9. must / the book / read / you
You must read the book.
10. buy /milk /he /wants to
He wants to buy milk.
II. Arrange the words to make negative sentences. Place time expressions at the end of the sentences.
1. our holiday / will /at home/we/ not / spend / next year
We will not spend our holiday at home next year.
2. did /I /him/ see /not/ last night/ at the disco
I did not see him at the disco last night.
3. to a party /not/we/ tonight / going / are
We are not going to a party tonight.
4. will / the letter / not / next week / send / you / she
She will not send you the letter next week.
5. not / the truth / did/ he / tell/ you / yesterday
He did not tell you the truth yesterday.
6. to the cinema / we/ want /not/do/ tonight /to go
We do not want to go to the cinema tonight.
7. play/did/he/onSunday/not/the piano
He did not play the piano on Sunday.
8. not/now/she/in England/is
She is not in England now.
9. eat/in winter/ice-cream /do/not/I
I do not eat ice-cream in winter.
10. right now / have / not / we / time / do
We do not have time right now.
III. Rearrange the segments to form questions.
1. accept the judgement/did the man/the jungle lords / of?
Did the man accept the judgement of the jungle lords?
2. Mara tie / the creeper/ to a tree / why did?
Why did Mara tie the creeper to a tree?
3. was the thief/ his attitude / really humane / in / ?
Was the thief really humane in his attitude?
4. does technology/in contrast/to religion/stand?
Does technology stand in contrast to religion?
5. treated as/a / was Mara /mad man ?
Was Mara treated as a mad man?
6. retain / did Douglass /his/ self-confidence ?
Did Douglass retain his self-confidence?
7. why did /the farmer / suicide / commit ?
Why did the farmer commit suicide?
8. the narrator/how does/go/ to Verona?
How does the narrator go to Verona?
9. what did /do / during the German invasion / the boys ?
What did the boys do during the German invasion?
10. the crude realities of life/is love/of any value / before?
Is love of any value before the crude realities of life?
11. who / the window/broke?
Who broke the window?
12. How/your grand mother/is/?
How is your grandmother?
13. did / she / her homework / in my room /do/?
Did she do her homework in my room?
14. Talaguppa Station / does / leave /the train /when/?
When does the train leave Talaguppa Station?
15. conduct / classes / where / Babar Ali does / ?
Where does Babar Ali conduct classes?
16. has been cursed / which / a sage / creeper /by/?
Which creeper has been cursed by a sage?
B. I. Rewrite the following sentences using the word/words in brackets.
1. No one knows about this. It’s a secret, (really)
No one really knows about this. It’s a secret.
2. She told him once (only).
She told him only once.
3. I eat a lot. (always)
I always eat a lot.
4. Are you going to try? (hard)
Are you going to try hard?
5. He called you this morning, (many times)
He called you many times this morning.
6. I have been to Mumbai. I met my friend, (there)
I have been to Mumbai. I met my friend there.
7. I’m not going to tell this story, (again)
I’m not going to tell this story again.
8. Have you been to Chennai? (ever)
Have you ever been to Chennai?
9. I have never tried this method, (before)
I have never tried this method before.
10. We saw a film, (last Wednesday)
We saw a film last Wednesday.
11. The cat is playing, (in the garden)
The cat is playing in the garden.
12. They can remember, (never)
They can never remember.
13. The old man waited for us. (eagerly)
The old man waited for us eagerly.
14. Shake before use. (well)
Shake well before use.
15. We do not understand, (still)
We still do not understand.
II. Rearrange the jumbled segments to form meaningful sentences.
1. we/some interesting books/found/in the library
We found some interesting books in the library.
2. Shyam / play football / does / every weekend?
Does Shyam play football every weekend?
3. are building / opposite the park / a new hotel / they
They are building a new hotel opposite the park.
4. his name /I / remembered / after a few minutes
I remembered his name after a few minutes.
5. please write your name /at/ beginning / of/ page / the / the
Please write your name at the beginning of the page.
6. go to /1 / every Friday /the mosque
I go to the mosque every Friday.
7. so late / did / come home / why/ you
Why did you come home so late?
8. London / I am going/ to/ next week/for / a few days I am going to
London for a few days next week.
9. on / at /Saturday evening /you / didn’t see /I / the temple
I didn’t see you at the temple on Saturday evening.
10. around/ the procession / the Church / went
The procession went around the Church.