Students can Download Sociology Chapter 1 Introduction to Sociology Questions and Answers, Notes, KSEEB Solutions for Class 8 Social Science helps you to revise complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 8 Social Science Sociology Chapter 1 Introduction to Sociology
Class 8 Social Science Introduction to Sociology Textual Questions and Answers
I. Fill In The Blanks:
Man is …………… being
Logos means ………….
Science or study
The father of sociology is ………….
…………… is called as advocate of ‘conflict theory’
Annihilation of caste was written by ……….
II. Answer The Following:
Who is father of sociology?
August comte is the father of sociology
Describe the nature of sociology?
- sociology has a unique place among all social sciences.
- It is different from other social sciences due to its unique nature
- It is a social science and not a physical science
- It is not a directive study
- It is a pure science
- It is an intangible science
- It is an general science not a special science.
What is sociology?
The word sociology, originates from two words, ‘socius’ of Latin language and Logos of Greek language. Socius means ‘companion’ and logos means science or study, thus sociology is the science of human society.
Name the important early sociologists
- August comte
- Karl Marx
- Emile Durkkeim
- Max weber
Name the important Indian sociologists
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
- G.S. Ghruye
- M.N. Srinivas
- C. Parvathamma
- Irvati Karve
- A.R. Desai
III. Answer the following questions 4 to 5 sentences:
Human being is a social being. Explain
Man and society are two sides of the same coin. There is no society without man nor man without society. Man cannot live without society. Society will not progress without a man. He desires to live with others. Society is necessary for the development of all of us. Society has been called a web of social relationships, and man a social being.
Explain the relationship between sociology & History
- History is a recreation of the life of a past society.
- Sociology is the recreation of contemporary society.
- Sociology supports Historians by providing scientific knowledge of various social institutions and their roles & functions.
What does sociology study?
According to many sociologists, sociology deals in society and man. It is a subject which helps to study society scientifically. Sociology helps us to study human society in a methodical manner. In order to carry out a scientific’ study, we must understand the difference between human society and animal society.
What books were written by Karl Marx?
- Das capital
- The holy family
- The German ideology
Write a note on Ambedkar’s early life
B.R. Ambedkar was born in Ambawade village of Maharastra on April 14. 1891. He lost his mother at the age of six and grew up under the care of his aunt Meerabai and started his primary education at Satara. Fie joined the popular Elphinstone high school of Mumbai and passed matriculation with first class in 1907.
Write a note on prominent sociologists from Karnataka C. Parvathamma.
- She was born at syagalli village of present Davangere district
- Parvathamma completed his education in single teacher school of her village
- A teacher named Kantharaja Shetty arranged for her intermediate education of Mysore by getting an accommodation facility in a hostel.
- She later joined BA honours in social philosophy at maharaja college, Mysore
- She made genuine attempts to spread the learning of sociology across Karnataka proves her commitment & sense social concerns
- Her major contributions are polities & religion.
Write a note on noted Indian Sociologist M.N. Srinivas.
- His full name was Mysore Narasimachar Srinivas and was born to narasimachar & Rukmini on November 16, 1916, at Mysore
- He received MA, LLB, and P.hd from Bombay university
- He popularized the ‘field-based sociological studies’ in India
- Based on his memory of the fieldwork done he wrote A remembered village in 1976
- Under the guidance of his teacher Radcliffe Brown, he wrote a book titled ‘The Religion and society of Kodavas of south India in 1952.
Class 8 Social Science Introduction to Sociology Additional Questions and Answers
l. Multiple Choice Questions:
“Sociology is the study of social Behaviour,” said by …………..
Sociology is pure science and not an applied science because …………..
It explains only knowledge, not experiments.
Das Capital, The manifesto there books written by …………..
The major contribution of Parvathamma is ……….
Politics and Religion
II. Answer The Following Questions:
Write any two definitions of sociology
- Max weber “ Sociology is the study of social Behaviour”
- Emile Durkheim:- sociology is the science of social institutions
Which are the books of August Comte?
- Positive philosophy
- Positive polity
- Human religion
Who was the favourite teacher of Karl Marx
Hegel, a German philosopher was his favourite teacher.
Which are the major works of B.R. Ambedkar
- Annihilation of caste
- Who are Shudras?
- Buddha and his dharma