Students can Download History Chapter 3 Religious Promoters and Social Reformers Questions and Answers, Notes, KSEEB Solutions for Class 9 Social Science helps you to revise complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 9 Social Science History Chapter 3 Religious Promotors & Social Reformers
Class 9 Social Science Religious Promotors & Social Reformers Textual Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks with suitable words.
Shankara was born at ___________in Kerala.
“The world is an illusion, Brahma alone is the Truth”. This statement was declared by _________
Proponent of Dwaita philosophy is __________
Ramanujacharya’s disciples are called__________
II. Answer the following questions by discussing with your group :
Explain the Advaita philosophy.
According to this philosophy, the world is Maya, an illusion; Brahma is the absolute truth. People are ignorant. They are not aware of the illusionaiy nature of the world. They are also not aware that Brahma is the only Truth. Hence we should go on the path of knowledge, and realize the nature of the world. Ultimately, we should merge our Atma (Soul) with the absolute truth,Brahma only then we can attain Moksha (liberation). In this manner Shankaracharya taught the path of knowledge.
Which is the philosophy advocated by Ramanujacharya? What is their sect called ?
‘Vishitadvaitha’ philosophy.The Sect is called Shrivaishnauism.
Explain the philosophy advocated by Ramanujacharya.
Ramanujacharya advised that Jeeva (life) and Prakruthi (Nature) are under the control of Brahma. Both Atma and Parmathma cannot become one simultaneously. He said that world is the expressed manifestation of Brahma and world is a reality. In order to achieve Mukthi (salvation) Bhakti and Prapathi (complete surrendrance to God) are important.
What are the teachings of Madhwacharya?
The tenets advocated by Madhwacharya are:
- The world is not may a or illusion.
- It is as true as Paramatma or the Divine Soul. Between these, the Divine soul is independent and the rest of the world is illusionary.
- The Divine soul and the human soul have a Lord and Servant relationship.
- Lord Vishnu or Narayan along is supreme.
- Worship of Lord Vishnu can elevate the human soul and thus enable it to attain moksha.
Write a note on the ‘Work is Worship’ philosophy of Basaveshwara.
According to Basavanna everyone should work and earn his living. He preached dignity of labour. He advocated the work of policy for the development of society. His aim was to inspire people, to develop the habit of working. He declared this philosophy as “Work is Worship” and tried to implement it totally.
Who established Anubhava Mantapa? What are its objectives?
Basaveshwar established “Anubhava Mantapa”, a spiritual institution at Basavakalyan in Bidar district. Its objectives are :
- Discussing social, economic and religious problems without discriminating between castes or gender.
- Advocating equality and independence for women.
- Enabling the ideas emerging out of discussion to make them to reach the communities through Vachanas.
- Giving importance to disciplined and moral life.
- Advocating a life of generosity and kindness.
Name the books written by Shankaracharya.
The books written by Shankaracharya are, “Shankaracharya”, “Anandalahari ”, “ Soundary Kalahari”, “Shivanandalahari”, “Viveka Choodamani”, ‘Dakshinamurthy Stotra’ and “Bhajagovindam”.