Students can Download Class 4 English Chapter 4 Travel, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 4 English helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 4 English Chapter 5 Hobbies
Listen, Recite and enjoy : “My Hobby” (Poem)
New Words :
Speak/Read aloud :
Read and answer orally.
1. Two things are compared. What are they ?
The two things that are compared are sky and heaven.
2. What is the enchanting sound ?
The birds singing is enchanting sound.
3. What is the hobby of the speaker ?
Sketching is the hobby of the speaker.
4. The speaker says he sits carelessly away because,
a. he is lazy.
b. he loves nature.
c. he hates crowd.
(Choose the right answer)
(b) he loves nature.
5. The speaker says the world is ___ and ____
The speaker says the world is peaceful and serene.
Listen and say aloud :
* Divide the words into two groups. The first group has words with ‘Sh-‘ sound and the second with ‘Ch-sound. Write them in pots A and B. Some examples are given.
Write well :
1. For each word, four more words are given. Put a circle round the word which means the same as the given word.
2. Complete each of the following sentences with the right word. These words are given in brackets but their spellings are jumbled.
a. The ink is as red as the _ (olobd)
The ink is as red as the blood.
b. The birds are happy _ (igsnign)
The birds are happy singing.
c. Sketching is my (bohyb)
Sketching is my hobby.
d. So, now I lie here (ardgniw)
So, now I lie here drawing.
e. This world is my cherished _ (oevl)
This world is my cherished love.
3. Identify the pairs of rhyming srods from the poem. Make a List of the words in your notebook.
sound : found – found – bound
play : away – clay
serene : scene
Read and enjoy : “Good Hobbies”
C.V. Raman – a famous scientist of our Nation, He got the Nobel Prize in 1930 for his invention on Theory on Light, popularly known as “Raman Effect”.
New Words :
Read and Write :
A short paragraph on Sir C.V. Raman is given. But the paragraph is incomplete. Supply appropriate words and complete the paragraph.
Raman was good at swimming. His friends used to make kites. But, during free time Raman would go for a long walk. Besides, his father would tell him interesting stories. Of all the subjects of study, Raman liked Physics most.
Fun with words :
1. Antonyms – Antonyms are pairs of words which have opposite
1. Fill in the blanks in the balloons with their opposites.
(hate, dull, bitter, old, soft, enemy, short, bad )
2. A. Identify the underlined words in the following sentences as action words or naming words.
1. I park my car near the gate. (action word)
1b.There is a park near my house. (naming word)
2. I am going to buy a book. (naming word)
2b.Teacher told us to book a ticket for the train journey. (action word)
3. I comb my hair daily. (action word)
b. My sister carries a comb in her bag. (naming word)
4. Geetha got two gold rings on her birthday. (naming word)
b. Our school attender rings the bell. (action word)
5. My dad bought me a new dress. (naming word)
b. I dress my self carefully before I go out. (action word)
2. B. Now classify the above sentences in two columns.
Write More :
Look at the clues and complet the sentence. Then write a paragraph based on them.
1. Pavan – I – friends
Pavan and I are friends.
2. I– like – drawing – Pavan – like – singing.
I like drawing and Pavan liked singing songs.
3. Usually – draw – pictures – nature
Usually I draw the pictures of Nature.
4. Pavan – film songs – well.
Pavan sings film songs very well.
5. All – students – us – like.
All the students loved us and liked to see our works.
Paragraph Writing :
Pavan and I are friends. I like drawing and Pavan liked singing songs. Usually I draw the pictures of Nature. Pavan sings film songs very well. All the students loved us and liked to see our works.