Students can Download EVS Chapter 4 Community Games Questions and Answers, Summary, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 5 EVS helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Board Class 5 EVS Chapter 4 Community Games
Class 5 EVS Community Games Text Book Questions and Answers
Observe these pictures. These people do this every day without fail. Write what these people are doing.
Write the names of a few international games?
Cricket, Boxing, Basketball, long jump, etc.
See the Pictures below. Choose the names from the list given below and write.
mountaineering, sky diving rock climbing, river rafting, cycling
Class 5 EVS Community Games Additional Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks:
- A work that involves specific skills is called a profession.
- People who drive vehicles are called drivers
- Every profession has its own dignity of labour
- A game in which many players play together is called team game.
- we should play team game with group.
- Playing hide and seek is an example of (local) Native games.
- The expansion of NGOS- Non-government organizations.
- Mahatma Gandhiji spread the message of self dependence and dignity of labour.
- Mother Teresa surved thousands of leprosy patients.
- There will be a sound wind in a sound body.
II. Choose the one which does not belong to the group and underline it.
- Cricket, Volleyball, Chess, Hockey.
- Lagori, Chess, Basketball, Archery
- Dice, Chess, Hide and seek, Carrom.
- Boxing, Kabaddi, Chess, Table tennis.
- Running race, Hurdles, Relay, long jump.
III. Answer the following questions:
We should play games regularly.
We should play games regularly because it gives us pleasure and relaxation and maintain good health physical strength and fitness.
We should respect the opposite team.
Because we should respect each other. It develops team spirit and friendship. It also develops mutual understanding respect co-operation.
Local games should not be ignored.
Because local games are traditional games. It continuous from generation to generations.
We should do physical exercises regularly.
We should do physical exercises regularly because they are essential to keep our body healthy and active and promote physical health and development.
What is a hobby? Give two examples.
A hobby is a joyful work that is done regularly by person to get some happiness, satisfaction and relaxation of mind at required times.
Example: Drawing, Painting, Collection of stamps.
What are games?
Any type of physical and mental activity performed at home or outside according to some set of rules or conditions to derive pleasure and to get good health are called games.
Why should we play outdoor games?
We should play outdoor games to maintain good health, physical strength, and fitness. We can also play outdoor games to spend leisure meaningfully.
What are individual games?
The games which are played by only one or two players at a time are called individual games. Here the individual player will be the winner or loser.
Example: Carrom (singles), shuttle (singles).
What are local or native games? Give two examples
There are some simple games, usually designed and prayed by people in a given region as per their own mles. The rules may vary from place to place. They are some times called traditional games.
Example: Hide and seek, kabaddi.
Mention the benefits of games and excercises.
- Get pleasure and relaxation.
- Maintain good health, physical strength, and fitness.
- Develop team spirit and friendship
- Develop social skills like mutual understanding respect, co-operation, etc..
- Spend leisure time meaningfully.
- Bring glory to the parents, school, and nation.
- develop good personality.
What are indoor games? Give two examples.
There are certain games which are played inside your home or school. These games are called indoor games.
What are outdoor games? Give two examples.
There are certain other games which are played only outside home or school. These games are called outdoor games.
Name two type of games.
- Individual games
- Team games.
Write the factored while playing the games.
- Know the miles or conditions of the game.
- Respect your partners and opponents.
- Do not argue or fight with the opponents.
- Use all the required equipment to play the game.
- Have sportsman, spirit and play for joy, relaxation, and recreation.
VI. Match the professions given in list ‘A’with the work given in list ‘B’:
|1. A Postman
2. A farmer
3. A teacher
4. A goldsmith
5. A conductor
6. A lawyer
|Gives education in schools.
Fights – for justice
Produces food crops
Catches and sells fish
Issues tickets in a bus.