Students can Download EVS Chapter 3 Community Questions and Answers, Summary, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 5 EVS helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Board Class 5 EVS Chapter 3 Community
Class 5 EVS Community Text Book Questions and Answers
Here is a picture of a village. Look, Don’t you see many houses?
There a many families living in this village. All these groups of families are called Community.
What are the features of the community according to Ravi’s story?
- Worker [Agri – labourers]
- No legal status
Write, the aspects identified by you in the given pictures.
Differentiate agricultural activities and non-agricultural activities, and write them separately.
- cultivation of soil
- Farming operation
- ploughing the land-to grow crops
- Harvesting the crop
Non Agricultural activities
- black smiting
- basket weaving
Make a list of implements required by a farmer for agricultural activities
- Increase the productivity of land
- Replace or speed up activities that are extremely inefficient in use of them.
Write are the various occupations found in villages
Dairy, fishery, sericulture, weaving, blacksmithing, carpentry, basket weaving, pottery, craftwork, etc.
What are the problems faced by people in villages?
Villages have problems related to hygiene, health, Jobs and education.
Write any one programme, implemented by the government for rural development.
Rozgar yojana and Jawhara Gram Samruddi Yojana for educated youth in villages to set up their own small scale industries.
What programmes have been introduced for the upliftment of villages by the state and central government?
- Pradhan mantri rozgar yojana & Jawahar gram sainruddhi yojana.
- Sarva shikshana abhiyana.
- Nirmala gram yoj ana.
- Bhagyalakshmi yojana.
- Aashraya yojana.
What do you see when you visit a city?
Buildings, Roads, Companies etc…
Look at the pictures given below. Write what kind of job these people are engaged in? Do you find these people in your locality? Put (✓) if yes.
What are the problems you face, if you are living in a city?
- Housing problem in cities
- Traffic Jam
- Pollution in industrial areas
- Disposal of garbage
- Sleem areas
- Water pollution
Discuss the environmental hazards due to the development of cities?
- Large volumes of uncollected waste create multiple health hazards
- Intensive urban growth can lead to greater Poverty, with local governments unable to provide services for all people
- Concentrated energy use leads to greater air pollution with significant impact on human health.
- Pollution and physical baniers to root growth promote loss of urban tree cover.
What are the programmes launched by the state and the central government for making life in urban areas better?
- Sewage system.
- Supply of pure drinking water.
- Construction of systematic market complexes.
- Construction of well-planned bus and railway stations.
- Laying of ring roads around the city.
- Development of parks.
Identify the occupation of the tribals in the given picture and write them in the space given.
Which tribal community do you know?
- Soligas of Mysore district.
- Koragas of Dakshina Kannada.
- Jenu kurubas and Yeravas of Kodagu.
Look at the Pictures. Who are they?
Here are pictures of some achievers. Who are they? can you identify and write the field of their achievement.
Class 5 EVS Community Additional Questions and Answers
I. Multiple-choice Questions:
Man is a
a. Social being
b. Living being
a. Social being
According to government any child between band 14 years is provided compulsion.
The programme aims at the universalization of quality primary education.
b. Sarva shikshana abhiyaana.
c. Aashraya yojana.
d. Ninnal gram yojana.
b. Sarva Shikshan abhiyaana.
The country cannot progress unless villages progress said by
a. Mahatma Gandhi
c. Manmohan singh
d. Rajeev Gandhi.
a. Mahatma Gandhi
People’s life is a gamble with
There are nearly _________town in India.
The number of cities with a population of one million and more are.
II. Fill in the blanks:
- All farmers should be given free crop insurance.
- Bengaluru is one of the fast-growing cities in India.
- Factories, mills, and industries emit dense smoke.
- Electricity and drinking water are the main problems of urban people.
III. Answer the following questions:
Name three types of community.
- Village/Rural community
- City/ urban and
- Tribals (Adivasis)
Why do we call man a social being?
Man also loves in groups as birds and animals do. He is a social being as birds and animals are.
What part does society play in a person’s life?
Society has become part of a person’s life. It provides a purpose to the life of man and also direction.
What is community feelings?
Members of a community develop a sense of We feeling” among themselves. This is called “community feelings”.
What are importance of society?
- Society satisfies our needs.
- It provides security.
- It provides plenty of opportunities to exibit their talents.
Why are farm labourers rare?
People follow co-operative farming work in their own land and earn profit.
What assistance does the government provide for agricultural initiatives?
- Modem and scientific methods of firming.
What suggestions do you offer to impro ve cottage industries?
- Loan at low rate of interest should be provided by the government.
- Training for the cottage industries people.
Why is life towns more contented?
People lead a peaceful life. The problems of speed, hurry, pollution and such other urban problems are rare in towns.
What problems do pavement vendors face?
They are self-employed and there are large numbers of street hankers
What are the occupations of urban people?
Shopkeepers, traders, Doctors, medical persons, banking, insurance companies factories hostels are the occupations of urban people.
What is environmental pollution?
The surroundings of us is getting polluted by factories, mills, and industries is called environmental pollution.
What are your suggestions to improve the health of the labourers?
- Having balanced diet or food habits.
- Having balanced mental health.
What are the serious problems of urban populations?
- Serious scarcity of electricity and drinking water problems.
- Slums, aimless littering of plastics and discharges are a challenge to the protection of environment.
- Social problems in urban areas are increasing enormously.
What are the social problems of the communities?
Juvenile crime, violence, drug menace, exploitation of women, robbery etc., are the social problems of the communities.
What are the pollutions you find in urban communities?
- Air pollution
- Water pollution
- Sound pollution.
What is community? example?
Group of people living in a specific area is called a community.
Ex: Rural community, Urbon community, Tribal community.
Write advantages of a community ?
Advantages of community:
- When somebody in the community is in trouble, others will help them.
- When situation demands, community always ready to help others in the community.
Why do traffic jams happen in cities?
People who live on the outskirts of cities traval by public transport from their home to the center of the city. Thus traffic jams happen in cities.
What are the differences between the lives of a daily wage earner and a salaried persons?
|Daily wage earner||Salaried persons|
|1. Every day he earns and leads his life.
2. He works hard to earn.
|Monthly he earns and Leads a life.
He works easily and earn money.
What is the difference between trading in shop and trading with a pushcart?
|Trading in a shop||Trading with a pushcart|
|1. Peoples sell the products in the building itself
2. Customers has to come buy the products.
|people go out to the street and sell the vegetables, fruits, etc..
It reaches the and, customer at their door.